In Memory

Suzanne Egan

Suzanne Egan


Suzanne M Eagan, 16, 688 Green Circle, Venice, died Sunday at Sarasota Memorial Hospital.

Survivors include her paretns Mr. and Mrs. Brendan Egan of Venice. Three brothers, Brendan Jr. of Arlington, Virginia. Michael of Mienola, Long Island, New York and Thomas of Frankfort, Germany. Maternal grandparent, Mrs. Henritta Adams of Jamaica, New York.

The Rosary will be recited at 7:30 pm on Tuesday at Farley Funeral Home, Venice chapel. Mass will be at 10 am Wednesday at the Catholic Church of the Epiphant in Venice. Burial will be in Gulf Pines Memoiral Park.

Sarasota Herald Tribune

go to bottom 
  Post Comment

06/06/09 07:06 PM #1    

Pam Myers (Nave)

So many years and still such a deep wound. I lost three friends that night. One was to have been Ed's best man and one was to be my maid of honor. Such a tragic loss. This was the first memory I gained of a group of kids united in one cause. The first tragedy that concerned us all. I hope all of them are at peace.

02/18/10 09:51 AM #2    

Collette Heiden (Ladd)

Sue and I had a lot of fun in high school. I use to go to her mobile home every morning before school started. You could see her MH from the high school. That accident was a horrible, unbelievable, experience for me. Too sad and too many passing’s, too young.  She asked me to go on the ride to Englewood that morning.  I had other plans.   

04/26/10 10:44 AM #3    

Betty Ruth Curry (Knight)

Yes, a real many good friends were gone that day!  This is a accident we all will remember for the rest of our lives....the first real hurt we all endured for myself anyway.  Eddie made it that day thank goodness with a broken figure as I recall.  He being the only survivor.

08/16/10 06:05 PM #4    

Debbie Hancox (McMurry)

Eddy didn't bring me along that day, I guess God had other plans for me.  I remember so many parties out at the River, but that day they decided to go to Manasota Beach.  So much heartache, so many funerals, Sue and Paul left us immediately.  Erin died in the hopsital.  Eddy stayed in Venice Hospital for at least four days.  He was strong and that's what saved him.  His right ring finger tip was taken off when he braced himself.

go to top 
  Post Comment